Is there a howto on essentials.

Duncan 1i5t5.duncan at cox.net
Fri Nov 20 00:17:03 GMT 2009

Rick Miles posted on Fri, 20 Nov 2009 09:42:51 +1100 as excerpted:

> Maybe you don't have any problem with people who have been around the
> longest and are set in their ways either but I wouldn't be surprised if
> there were not others besides RW and myself who found several of your
> comments a bit gratuitous.

FWIW, if there's any single person the comments could have been targeted
at, it's probably me, as I've been probably the most vocal of the "old
timers".  But I took no offense.  In some ways, he's correct (there
/were/ pretty fundamental changes).  In others, I may not agree (a person
set in their ways isn't the type that's constantly out there trying beta
or even live sources software, and thus able to state with some
experience that such is what kde feels like at this point), but I can see
how it could seem so from his viewpoint (which would therefore make his
comments not "gratuitous", by definition), and everyone's entitled to an
opinion, which they can certainly make known, as I do my own.  So no
offense taken.  He's simply speaking his mind as I have.

OTOH, the same could be said about both of you, now, simply being honest
about being a bit taken aback.  And round and round the logic goes... =:^)

But anyway, just a post to say I didn't find it a big deal here, even if
it was arguably aimed at me (not sayin' it was, just that it could appear
that way, so if anyone's going to take offense, by rights, it should be
me, and if I'm not...).