CD ripping

spir denis.spir at free.fr
Thu Nov 19 21:17:45 GMT 2009

"Martin \(KDE\)" <kde at fahrendorf.de> wrote:

> Am Donnerstag, 19. November 2009 schrieb spir:

> > > kaudiocd is a kind of plugin for Konqueror (and others of
> > > course). As alternative yu can try audex. Simply for ripping. I
> > > generates folders, You can edit CDDB data and you have profiles
> > > to use different encoders.
> > >
> > > Martin
> >
> > Danke sehr!
>
> You are welcome!
>

> > Just tried audex, but comes only equipped with wav encoder (!).
> >  Couldn't find any way to let him be aware of other codecs
> >  installed (know they're here, for k3b uses them).
>
> Ah, I had this once before. Did you tried the "codec search" button in
> the profile part of settings after installing lame? This did it for
> me.

Right, tried this and it worked. The issue is I want ogg instead and lame is only for mp3. Any way, I have libogg installed, so why doesn't audex see it? Also, all the other formats handled by k3b?
EDIT: k3b handles these formats via plugins, so probably these are simply not usable by other progs. Still, I have libogg and kpackageKit does not seem to show any other sensible package for ogg (except programming language specific libraries).

> > Also looked for soundjuicer, asounder, and kaudiocreator, but
> >  they're not installable via kpackagekit. ??? I have all
> >  repositeries checked in kpackagekit settings (except sources).
>
> I was used to kaudiocreator, but this program was not ported to KDE4
> and not available in fedora 11. In the mean time I used abcde (a
> command line ripper and encode) but this was a little bit tricky to
> set up (and had a very low WAF). Finally I found audex and am happy
> with it.

Right, I'll go on searching around audex -- try to find how to let it encode ogg.