CD ripping

Martin (KDE) kde at fahrendorf.de
Thu Nov 19 20:23:41 GMT 2009

Am Donnerstag, 19. November 2009 schrieb spir:
> "Martin \(KDE\)" <kde at fahrendorf.de> wrote:
> > Am Donnerstag, 19. November 2009 schrieb spir:
> > > Hello,
> > >
> > > Tried to correctly use k3b for cd ripping, but had some
> > > problems -- se below.
> > >
> > > Looked for alternatives in kde, found mentions of kaudiocd (not
> > >  quite sure of the name, now), but couldn't find it anywhere --
> > >  except for sources. I could certainly compile and install it,
> > > but then don't know how to let the overall environment be aware
> > > of it. (read: integration inside kde)
> >
> > kaudiocd is a kind of plugin for Konqueror (and others of
> > course). As alternative yu can try audex. Simply for ripping. I
> > generates folders, You can edit CDDB data and you have profiles
> > to use different encoders.
> >
> > Martin
>
> Danke sehr!

You are welcome!

> Just tried audex, but comes only equipped with wav encoder (!).
>  Couldn't find any way to let him be aware of other codecs
>  installed (know they're here, for k3b uses them).

Ah, I had this once before. Did you tried the "codec search" button in
the profile part of settings after installing lame? This did it for
me.

> Also looked for soundjuicer, asounder, and kaudiocreator, but
>  they're not installable via kpackagekit. ??? I have all
>  repositeries checked in kpackagekit settings (except sources).

I was used to kaudiocreator, but this program was not ported to KDE4
and not available in fedora 11. In the mean time I used abcde (a
command line ripper and encode) but this was a little bit tricky to
set up (and had a very low WAF). Finally I found audex and am happy
with it.

> Denis

Martin