CD ripping

spir denis.spir at free.fr
Thu Nov 19 19:36:44 GMT 2009

"Martin \(KDE\)" <kde at fahrendorf.de> wrote:

> Am Donnerstag, 19. November 2009 schrieb spir:
> > Hello,
> >
> > Tried to correctly use k3b for cd ripping, but had some problems --
> >  se below.
> >
> > Looked for alternatives in kde, found mentions of kaudiocd (not
> >  quite sure of the name, now), but couldn't find it anywhere --
> >  except for sources. I could certainly compile and install it, but
> >  then don't know how to let the overall environment be aware of it.
> >  (read: integration inside kde)
>
> kaudiocd is a kind of plugin for Konqueror (and others of course). As
> alternative yu can try audex. Simply for ripping. I generates folders,
> You can edit CDDB data and you have profiles to use different
> encoders.
>
> Martin

Danke sehr!

Just tried audex, but comes only equipped with wav encoder (!). Couldn't find any way to let him be aware of other codecs installed (know they're here, for k3b uses them).

Also looked for soundjuicer, asounder, and kaudiocreator, but they're not installable via kpackagekit. ??? I have all repositeries checked in kpackagekit settings (except sources).

Denis