some questions & more questions -- follow-up

spir denis.spir at free.fr
Mon Nov 16 09:46:05 GMT 2009

Le Sun, 15 Nov 2009 19:01:45 +0100,
spir <denis.spir at free.fr> s'exprima ainsi:
[...]

Well, some new things about previously mentioned issues.

* User manual and kde version
Even online on kde's own website, I couldn't find documentation for the kde version running on my computer. I'm rather surprised of this because this version is probably far to be of the latest, for it was installed from ubuntu 9.04's package manager. I have these "plasmoid" thingies on the desktop and control panels.

* Layout
If ever someone wants to help, here is how I intend to organise things:
The initial panel would be a control panel properly speaking, with information, feedback, etc. Then, there is a second bar on the left for app launching only. The app shorcut ideally would be organised in topic-related groups (develop, web, media...) -- but still all visible.
to do this, I need to (1) put shortcuts on the bar (2) move them where i wish them to be (3) add separators or any other feature to visually group them.
Hints & comments welcome.

* Installing new distribution version.
I tried again and this time the update program gave me meaningful feedback after a few minutes only. About 4  GB are needed when I have only 3 free.

* Last minute:
I installed aTunes (for kde-provided sound apps don't work by me). All worked well except shortcuts did not appear ; neither in kicker nore on the desktop. Well, no big issue: I could do it myself if ever I knew (1) how to add shortcuts in various places (2) where aTunes actually has been installed.

Denis