4.3.3 bugs

James Tyrer jrtyrer at earthlink.net
Sat Nov 14 10:55:52 GMT 2009

Duncan wrote:
> James Tyrer posted on Sat, 14 Nov 2009 00:39:16 -0700 as excerpted:
>
>>> 1.    Auto completion doesn't work in Konqueror (and other
>>> places) using the mouse.
>>>
>>> This is very frustrating since as you type, the list of suggested
>>>  completions opens, but when I try to move the mouse to select
>>> one, the list immediately closes.
>>>
>> I note that this does work using the cursor keys.  So, it is
>> probably some issue with KDE (or more probably Qt) vs the Xorg
>> mouse driver.
>>
>> Does anyone else have a PS/2 mouse connection?
>
> I really doubt it's the physical mouse bus or how the driver reacts
> to it.

The Kernel does use different drivers for PS/2 and USB.  Although these
should act the same, perhaps they don't.

> More likely, it's the driver interacting with kde, or the config. It
> sounds like your xorg is significantly older than your kde at this
> point.

However, it has never worked starting with 4.0.0 or probably before.

> What version of xf86-input-mouse and xorg-server are we talking,

I have server 1.6.2 and I installed version 1.5.0 of the mouse driver
recently with no change.

> what kernel version,

2.6.30.2

> and what's your kernel mouse config like -- which kernel device do
> you have xorg using?

xorg.conf has "/dev/input/mice".

--
James Tyrer