4.3.3 bugs

Duncan 1i5t5.duncan at cox.net
Sat Nov 14 09:05:46 GMT 2009

James Tyrer posted on Sat, 14 Nov 2009 00:39:16 -0700 as excerpted:

>> 1.    Auto completion doesn't work in Konqueror (and other places)
>> using the mouse.
>>
>> This is very frustrating since as you type, the list of suggested
>> completions opens, but when I try to move the mouse to select one, the
>> list immediately closes.
>>
> I note that this does work using the cursor keys.  So, it is probably
> some issue with KDE (or more probably Qt) vs the Xorg mouse driver.
>
> Does anyone else have a PS/2 mouse connection?

I really doubt it's the physical mouse bus or how the driver reacts to
it.  More likely, it's the driver interacting with kde, or the config.
It sounds like your xorg is significantly older than your kde at this
point.  What version of xf86-input-mouse and xorg-server are we talking,
what kernel version, and what's your kernel mouse config like -- which
kernel device do you have xorg using?