movie previews in konqueror or dolphin

Rick Miles frmrick at aapt.net.au
Wed Nov 4 02:13:26 GMT 2009

On Wednesday 04 November 2009 11:57:09 Duncan wrote:
> Rick Miles posted on Wed, 04 Nov 2009 08:17:48 +1100 as excerpted:
> > I had to put xp on my daughter's machine due to school requirements and
> > my wife wanting to use windows live,
>
> Everyone makes their own decisions, of course, but... I'd be explaining
> that I couldn't use servantware for legal reasons (I can't agree to the
> EULAs), and it'd either have to work with Linux, or I'd be looking
> elsewhere for school.  Running MS is simply not a legal option for me.
> The only other alternative would be if /they/ could supply me whatever
> computers, etc, to work with, that I wasn't responsible for (at that
> level) and thus didn't have to worry about the EULA or the damage waivers
> for.  If someone else signs away their rights and lets me work on their
> system, that's rather different than me signing away my rights on my own
> system, something I cannot and will not do.  That's how I can continue to
> work on friend's systems and etc, and work systems if it came to it.
> (Fortunately my current employer runs Novel Desktop Linux, tho of course
> with their agreement with MS, that has its own issues, but again, that's
> my employer taking responsibility not me, and I've never personally run
> Novel/SuSE, so I haven't had to take a personal position on that one.)

I'm over it. I use software not ideologies.

I prefer Slackware and have used it for many years because everything's vanilla
and I can configure it exactly as I whish, I can compile anything I want/need
without a hassle and it is rock solid. But I run XP on it in Vbox so I can use a
windows only ide, MPLab, to program microchips and look after some legacy Access
databases. Up until a year ago I also used win2k as it was required to run some
scada software. Preference is only one factor. My sister has been in graphics for
a long time and never buys anything but Apple because it works best for her
proprietary or not.

I use what works for me, nothing's good, nothing's bad, they all just are.

--
Cheers,

Rick Miles

Written on Pungenday, the 16th of The Aftermath, 3175
http://turtlespond.net
http://rickmiles.com.au