No "single instance" mode for Kate in KDE 4?

James Richard Tyrer tyrerj at acm.org
Wed May 20 23:45:46 BST 2009

Matthew Woehlke wrote:
> James Richard Tyrer wrote:
>> Dotan Cohen wrote:
>>> KDE devs consider deviation from KDE 3 to _not_ be a bug. Same for
>>> missing features. It is as if KDE 4 is a separate project entirely,
>>> which in essence it is. Requests for "KDE3-like" are feature requests,
>>> not bugs.
>> I don't know what is wrong with the developers.  Apparently any excuse
>> not to fix a bug is acceptable.
>
> Do you know what would happen if we took the attitude that "KDE4 must do
> everything KDE3 did, plus new features"?

Interesting straw man, or perhaps you simply misunderstood what I said.
  That is certainly a good reason for you to ask me to clarify what I
said and/or meant, but not good reason for an attack.

How about we take the attitude that KDE-4 *should* be 100% bug free. :-D

"If you are willing to accept poor quality, that is what you will get."

IAC, it must be possible for the user to do everything with KDE4 that
they did with KDE3.  Possibly in a different way than they did in KDE3,
but they still must be able to do it.  Some of these different ways are
actually improvements (e.g. FolderView).

But this is not about that.  There are bugs in KATE which should be
fixed.  This does not include bug 191846 which I have suggested be
closed as invalid.

--
JRT

Linux (mostly) From Scratch