No "single instance" mode for Kate in KDE 4?

Matthew Woehlke mw_triad at users.sourceforge.net
Thu May 21 00:28:35 BST 2009

James Richard Tyrer wrote:
> Matthew Woehlke wrote:
>> James Richard Tyrer wrote:
>>> I don't know what is wrong with the developers.  Apparently any excuse
>>> not to fix a bug is acceptable.
>> Do you know what would happen if we took the attitude that "KDE4 must do
>> everything KDE3 did, plus new features"?
>
> Interesting straw man, or perhaps you simply misunderstood what I said.

I was responding to Dotan as much (more, probably) as to you. But
seriously, let's not start the mud-slinging. We're rapidly degenerating
from bug report through quasi-accusations and antagonistic rebuttals
into a full-fledged flame war.

> IAC, it must be possible for the user to do everything with KDE4 that
> they did with KDE3.

That was lies bloat. Been there, lived with it (still have to, at work
:-( ). It sucks.

Don't get me wrong, egregious omissions of often-used features are one
thing. But sometimes you have a "feature" that was just a bad idea.
(Note also I am not necessarily talking about anything in this thread;
in fact I haven't even looked at the bug report. I'm simply talking
about this attitude in general.)

Let's all accept that KDE4 doesn't have to be a strict superset of KDE3,
and yes, sometimes that is a *good* thing, quit throwing wild
accusations at the developers, and get back to the original topic.

--
Matthew
Use the --force, Luke -- Riccardo Iaconelli