Moving printer configuration from KDE 3 to KDE 4.

Rick Miles frmrick at aapt.net.au
Tue May 5 09:46:23 BST 2009

On Tuesday 05 May 2009 08:16:48 am g wrote:
> Dotan Cohen wrote:
> > But rest assured that I will contact D-Link and let them know that an
> > .exe file is not the way that Linux users can configure the print
> > server (the box says Linux support, which is why I bought it).
>
> do you really think d-link is worried about linux users? :(
>
> if they did, i would think that they would have it in their pages.
>

> you can skip d-link software if you want and go with 3rd party software.
>
> i have seen various sites with software for routers that replace oem
> with linux software.
>
> most had d-link dir-330, not dir-320. i do not know what difference is,
> but i imagine you might.
>
> i bookmarked several of them but at this time i can not find where i hid
> them in my bookmarks. i will keep looking and post back if you do not
> find anything.
>
> 2 names that come to mind are; dd-wrt and openwrt. you can google to find
> them.
>
> as i recall, one site had several different versions of software for
> different oem routers. and there was software for various purposes besides
> just as router.
Just out or curiosity, what is this exe file you refer to for? I delete mail and
in this case can not go back and check details.

Is there no web interface? I only have experience with D-Link ADSL modems which
have web interfaces and but also run on busybox linux and can be accessed using
telnet and the IP for the dlink modem. I have been able to set mine to static IP
mode. ony 4 boxes here and no need for dhcp.
--
Cheers,

Rick Miles

Written on Setting Orange, the 52nd of Discord, 3175
http://turtlespond.net
http://rickmiles.com.au