Moving printer configuration from KDE 3 to KDE 4.

g geleem at bellsouth.net
Mon May 4 23:16:48 BST 2009

Dotan Cohen wrote:

> But rest assured that I will contact D-Link and let them know that an
> .exe file is not the way that Linux users can configure the print
> server (the box says Linux support, which is why I bought it).

do you really think d-link is worried about linux users? :(

if they did, i would think that they would have it in their pages.

you can skip d-link software if you want and go with 3rd party software.

i have seen various sites with software for routers that replace oem
with linux software.

most had d-link dir-330, not dir-320. i do not know what difference is,
but i imagine you might.

i bookmarked several of them but at this time i can not find where i hid
them in my bookmarks. i will keep looking and post back if you do not
find anything.

2 names that come to mind are; dd-wrt and openwrt. you can google to find
them.

as i recall, one site had several different versions of software for
different oem routers. and there was software for various purposes besides
just as router.

--

peace out.

tc,hago.

.

****
**
help microsoft stamp out piracy - give linux to a friend today
**
to mess up a linux box, you need to work at it;
to mess up an ms windows box, you just need to *look at* it.
**
learn linux:
'HowtoForge' http://howtoforge.com/
****