KDE 4.2.1 Apps Toolbar (Text frayed-out)

Anne Wilson cannewilson at googlemail.com
Mon Mar 30 19:08:44 BST 2009

On Monday 30 March 2009 16:57:27 Jay Mistry wrote:
> Ok, I am re-posting the same above 2 images ( [3] & [4] ), with the
> errant 'Text under the icons in the Toolbar' outlined by ellipse;
> again : _pl see at full (zoom=100%) magnification_.
> Look at the text underneath the toolbar icons - the upper part of the
> text under all the toolbar icons is cut-off - this happens for all
> apps run in KDE 4.2.1, even KDE 3.5 applications, such as
> Gwenview/KDE3.
>
> I don't think I will be able to do any better than this,
> image-hosting/editing-wise. And so, will just give up at this point,
> if there is no forthcoming solution.
> I can live with the slight cutting-off of the Toolbar icon text in KDE
> 4.2.1. Maybe it will be resolved in KDE 4.2.2 / 4.3.
>
> > Not sure how they are "cut-off" since I can't really tell from the
> > JPEG images.  It is best to use a PNG image when you want a problem
> > diagnosed.
>
> had you downloaded them and then seen at 100% zoom, it may have been
> clearer. Anyway, these 2 new ones are png and with a higher res of
> 1024 X 768.

I was confused by your initial description - thinking that you meant that they
were cut off horizontally.  Now I see that you have lost the top row of
pixels, or so, which is certainly not normal.  Mine are all absolutely find.
Could it be caused by the graphics driver?  I don't know.  What graphics card
and driver are you using?

Anne