[kde] KDE 4.2.1 Apps Toolbar (Text frayed-out)

Jay Mistry jaylinux53 at gmail.com
Mon Mar 30 16:57:27 BST 2009

2009/3/30 Anne Wilson <cannewilson at googlemail.com>:

> On Monday 30 March 2009 14:41:19 Jay Mistry wrote:

>> On Mon, Mar 30, 2009 at 5:40 PM, Jay Mistry <jaylinux53 at gmail.com> wrote:

>> > Have uploaded 2 more images ([1] & [2]) (.png) that show the cut-off
>> > icons from Dolphin and Gwenview toolbars. They are at higher resolution,
>> > so it should be seen on these.
>>
>> Correction: It is the _text_ under the icons that is cut-off (as
>> mentioned in the OP).
>> (Pl see the 2 images [1] & [2], after clicking on the (+) handle on
>> the image to zoom-in)
>>
>> > Try
>> > making the Toolbar and Small fonts use a smaller one.  The screenshot is
>> > slightly blurred, but that looks like a 9 - which is quick big.
>> >
>> > Anne
>>
>> Tried changing the font size (for Toolbars) from 9 to 8, but that also
>> does not help.
>>
>> Jay
>>
>> [1] http://img242.imageshack.us/img242/6421/kde421dolphintoolbarico.png
>> [2] http://img407.imageshack.us/img407/267/kde521gwenviewtoolbaric.png
>>
> I still can't see problem with icon labels on the toolbar, in either one.
> Where exactly do you want us to look?

> Anne

Ok, I am re-posting the same above 2 images ( [3] & [4] ), with the
errant 'Text under the icons in the Toolbar' outlined by ellipse;
again : _pl see at full (zoom=100%) magnification_.
Look at the text underneath the toolbar icons - the upper part of the
text under all the toolbar icons is cut-off - this happens for all
apps run in KDE 4.2.1, even KDE 3.5 applications, such as
Gwenview/KDE3.

I don't think I will be able to do any better than this,
image-hosting/editing-wise. And so, will just give up at this point,
if there is no forthcoming solution.
I can live with the slight cutting-off of the Toolbar icon text in KDE
4.2.1. Maybe it will be resolved in KDE 4.2.2 / 4.3.

> Not sure how they are "cut-off" since I can't really tell from the
> JPEG images.  It is best to use a PNG image when you want a problem
> diagnosed.

had you downloaded them and then seen at 100% zoom, it may have been
clearer. Anyway, these 2 new ones are png and with a higher res of
1024 X 768.

Jay

[3] http://i610.photobucket.com/albums/tt183/zmdmw52/Linux_Screenshots/KDE_421_Dolphin_Toolbar_Icons_b.png
[4] http://i610.photobucket.com/albums/tt183/zmdmw52/Linux_Screenshots/KDE_421_Gwenview_Toolbar_Icons_b.png

--
Linux User 483705  (openSUSE 11.1, Fedora 10)