Yet another post of KDE 4.2 impressions

Christian Henz chrhenz at gmx.de
Sun Mar 29 10:45:01 BST 2009

On Sat, Mar 28, 2009 at 04:18:24PM +0000, Anne Wilson wrote:

> > > It means that if you hit that, it will remove the widget in question.
> >
> > I don't mean the separate "-" icon - that one I understand :)
> > I mean the fact that the yellow star sometimes has a "-" drawn ontop of it.
> >
> Did you try it?  I don't have one like that at all, so I can't try it myself.

I get it now. The "-" ontop of the yellow star means that if I click on it, the star
will become gray and the widget will not be selected. For an already installed widget
this does not have any effect. Only for an uninstalled widget that was selected (yellow) and that
you want to un-select before clicking on "Add Widget". Still no idea what the clock
means.

> > Mhh, they work for me too, it is just that too many of them are shown when
> > I open the Bookmarks menu. In Firefox, this is implemented as a scrollable
> > list, which looks much more sane (even though it is not very practical to
> > use with that many bookmarks) and does not get in the way. BTW this is
> > probably not a KDE 4.2 issue, I just noticed it now.
> >
> My bookmarks in Konqueror are a scrollable list, just as they are in Firefox.

I dont mean the sidebar, I mean the bookmarks menu from the menu bar (Alt-B).
See these screenshots:

http://img148.imageshack.us/img148/7720/bookmarkskonq.png
http://img148.imageshack.us/img148/9073/bookmarksfirefox.png

cheers,