KDE 4 (yes, again...): what features are you using?

Frederyco Martins fredy.martins at gmail.com
Tue Mar 24 12:10:19 GMT 2009

I´m kind of a newbie on linux and on kde also.

But on my short experience I can say what I
noticed in terms of production. With kde4, it´s
faster.

Kde 3.5 really worked to me, but after upgrading,
I found that it wasn´t much different than a win
os way of work (and I don´t think it´s a crime,
windows worked well and some times still works
to me, since I don´t have the drivers for my tablet
on linux).

I agree with you, it still have a couple of disgusting
issues, but in the other hand, it´s more consistent.

Try out some desktop effects like those to see
all your desktops fast and easy. Also the plasmoids
to put an icon or an entire folder view on the desktop
are really useful.

I´m still learning and getting used to, but is has been
such a  great experience. Works faster, works better.

Note: I use two screens. Really improving. :)

See ya.