Xinerama problems

Nathan England nathan at paysonlinux.org
Thu Mar 19 20:22:08 GMT 2009

Hello Hello,

I have a laptop and an external 19" LCD. I use them in xinerama, and it works
very nicely in 4.2.1. I am also happy that desktop effects work nicely across
the two screens as well. But I do have a problem. Windows seem to open on the
opposite screen from where my mouse is. Even opening from a konsole window the
new window will appear on the opposite screen.

I map the virtual space of the screens using this command:
xrandr --output LVDS --mode 1280x800 --preferred --output VGA --mode 1280x1024
--right-of LVDS

How can I fix, assuming kwin, to open windows where my mouse is?

--
Nathan England
naubrey at paysonlinux.org