kdeprint in kde 4

James Richard Tyrer tyrerj at acm.org
Wed Mar 4 23:18:37 GMT 2009

Rick Miles wrote:
<SNIP>

> I'm not sure I feel like compiling my own QT or KDE so I'll wait and
>  sort out my problems in the interim.

I don't know what Slackware has released, but other distros do have
Qt-4.4.3 and KDE-4.2.0 so they should be available soon, if not now for
your distro.

> I usually don't run Current but maybe I'll do a complete upgrade when
> everything bumops up to the appropriate notch.

I'm just saying that you should have Qt-4.4.3 before you consider it a
bug.  Also, I was told that printing functions had been improved for
Qt-4.5 but I don't think that you should try that with KDE-4.2.0.  You
don't have to upgrade, it is your system, but the problem may have been
fixed in a slightly newer system.

--
JRT