Konsole

Daniel D Jones ddjones at riddlemaster.org
Mon Mar 2 22:56:32 GMT 2009

On Friday 20 February 2009 08:23:31 Anne Wilson wrote:
> On Friday 20 February 2009 13:01:27 Daniel D Jones wrote:
> > A couple of oddities about Konsole under KDE 4.2.  First, right click
> > doesn't work on my setup.  It gets you absolutely nothing.  Is this a
> > design decision, a configuration option that I'm missing somewhere or
> > something broken on my system?
>
> What did you expect it to do?

I expected to get a menu with various options on it, like copy and paste.

I know this is an old post but I  finally solved this issue, along with a host
of other problems I was having, and thought I'd post the solution here for
future reference.

For some reason, the permissions on the /usr/share/config folder were set to
700.  This is likely a bug of some sort in the Gentoo package.  I reset it to
755 and all sorts of little problems I was having went away.