Could not start kstartupconfig

Anne Wilson cannewilson at googlemail.com
Thu Jan 29 19:11:40 GMT 2009

After some sort of crash, my centos server has lost the whole ~/.kde -
at least fsck found it, and labelled it as a file, a pretty small one,
too.  I think the best option would be to remove the user anne then
re-create it using the same UID.  Does that sound reasonable?

That would give me a very basic ~/.kde.  I don't have another centos
box, so most of my setups would have later distros.  How much of
~/.kde is it safe to copy from them?  Is there anything that I should
avoid?

I can do it the long slow way, but I'd rather not if it can be avoided.

Anne