kdeglobals forgets some settings

Roland Wolters roland.wolters at credativ.de
Wed Jan 28 16:52:07 GMT 2009

Hi Jason,

On Wednesday 28 January 2009 16:26:58 Jason Voegele wrote:
> > I am having a problem where some settings stored in
> > $HOME/.kde/share/config/kdeglobals are forgotten after I log out of my
> > KDE session.
[snip]
> > Is this a KDE issue, or do I need to report it to Kubuntu?
>
> I have now noticed that this happens after some period of time even if I do
> not log out.

I haven't seen that so far, neither on a Kubuntu nor on a Debian or Fedora
system.

> I have set my widget style to QtCurve and it remembers that
> for a while, but after some time newly started applications have reverted
> to the Oxygen widget style.  Sure enough, when I go back into
> systemsettings, it has somehow been set back to Oxygen.

Strange - is there any possibility to monitor the files for any change? Is
there any other instance of systemsettings opened?
Have you modified any kiosk files?

Regards,

Roland
--
Roland Wolters
Tel.: +49 (0)21 61 / 46 43-181

credativ GmbH, HRB Mönchengladbach 12080
Hohenzollernstr. 133, 41061 Mönchengladbach
Geschäftsführung: Dr. Michael Meskes, Jörg Folz