kdeglobals forgets some settings

Jason Voegele jason at jvoegele.com
Wed Jan 28 15:26:58 GMT 2009

On Tuesday 27 January 2009 03:56:04 pm Jason Voegele wrote:
> I am having a problem where some settings stored in
> $HOME/.kde/share/config/kdeglobals are forgotten after I log out of my KDE
> session.
[snip]
> You can see that the widgetStyle and ShowIconsOnPushButtons settings are
> lost.
[snip]
> Is this a KDE issue, or do I need to report it to Kubuntu?

I have now noticed that this happens after some period of time even if I do
not log out.  I have set my widget style to QtCurve and it remembers that for
a while, but after some time newly started applications have reverted to the
Oxygen widget style.  Sure enough, when I go back into systemsettings, it has
somehow been set back to Oxygen.

Any pointers?

--
Jason Voegele