Getting Rid of HTML in My Messages in KMail

Hal Vaughan hal at thresholddigital.com
Mon Jan 19 00:06:01 GMT 2009

On Sunday 18 January 2009, Anne Wilson wrote:
> On Sunday 18 January 2009 17:37:52 Hal Vaughan wrote:
> > I have to change the language on the spellcheck to USA (English -
> > (United States of America)) with each new email I write.  In the
> > past I had to turn on spellcheck for each new email I sent.
>
> Check your default spell-checker - systemsettings > Regional &
> Language > Spell Checker

It's set to USA English, so I guess KMail/Kontact isn't reading it.

> > I haven't changed the settings for HTML on this, so we'll see how
> > it remembers it with this email.  I guess I have to check, as well,
> > if the composer sets it to HTML automatically when the incoming
> > email I respond to is in HTML.
>
> I don't think it does.  Anyway, this was plain text.

Good.  Then that's one problem solved -- the main one I posted about.

> > On another note, while I see the responses here, I have yet to
> > receive a single one of the emails I've sent to this group yet!
> >  It'll be interesting to see how long it takes them to show up (and
> > yes, I checked the spam filter).
>
> Sometimes messages arrive 'out of order'.  Then again, there is an
> option on the mailman page for whether you want a copy of your own
> messages.  And still, some things, like using a gmail account, can
> stop you seeing them - it's the default in gmail and I haven't found
> any way to override that.

I've always told mailman to send a copy to me -- set it up that way by
habit.  I'll check and see if somehow I changed that for this list -- I
don't see a single one of my messages here.

Thanks!

Hal