Getting Rid of HTML in My Messages in KMail

Anne Wilson cannewilson at googlemail.com
Sun Jan 18 21:50:45 GMT 2009

On Sunday 18 January 2009 17:37:52 Hal Vaughan wrote:
> I have to change the language on the spellcheck to USA (English -
> (United States of America)) with each new email I write.  In the past I
> had to turn on spellcheck for each new email I sent.

Check your default spell-checker - systemsettings > Regional & Language >
Spell Checker

> I haven't changed the settings for HTML on this, so we'll see how it
> remembers it with this email.  I guess I have to check, as well, if the
> composer sets it to HTML automatically when the incoming email I respond
> to is in HTML.

I don't think it does.  Anyway, this was plain text.

> On another note, while I see the responses here, I have yet to receive a
> single one of the emails I've sent to this group yet!  It'll be
> interesting to see how long it takes them to show up (and yes, I checked
> the spam filter).

Sometimes messages arrive 'out of order'.  Then again, there is an option on
the mailman page for whether you want a copy of your own messages.  And still,
some things, like using a gmail account, can stop you seeing them - it's the
default in gmail and I haven't found any way to override that.

> Again, thanks and we'll see if this email has kept the settings from
> before.

Anne