Getting Rid of HTML in My Messages in KMail

Sun Jan 18 17:23:13 GMT 2009

On Sunday 18 Jan 2009 10:42:55 pm Hal Vaughan wrote:
> On Sunday 18 January 2009, Kishore wrote:
> > On Sunday 18 Jan 2009 10:18:05 pm Hal Vaughan wrote:
> > > Interesting -- this message came through before I have seen my
> > > original posted to the list.

> > > I'm looking at the Settings window and have selected Composer.
> > > There are the following tabs across the top: General, Standard
> > > Templates, Custom Templates, Subject, Charset, Headers,
> > > Attachments.  I've checked through them all.  I *really* hope I'm
> > > missing something obvious, but I don't see a single place that
> > > specifies using HTML or text.
> >
> > Sorry. I may have miscommunicated. I *meant* the options menu of the
> > composer window, not the composer options of kmail!
>
> Okay, I found it.
>
> > Say, when you choose to reply to this mail, it opens the composer
> > window where you can edit your response. In that window, there would
> > be a "Options" menu that lists a "Formatting (HTML)" option. Make
> > sure that that option is unchecked.
>
> I've made sure HTML is unchecked in this email.  I checked some replies
> I've written that haven't been sent out yet and even with that button
> unchecked, they're formatted with HTML.

Surely, this mail unlike your previous is not HTML formatted. If you open the
mail for editing, uncheck the HTML option if already selected and send, i
would expect it to send in plain text. Can you confirm?

> Is there some way to specify this as no HTML permanently?  It seems
> there are a lot of settings KMail expects me to set or check every time
> I open the Composer window to write an email.  (I'm not trying to
> complain to you about it -- I appreciate the help, but it is a serious
> flaw in the UI.)

It should remember most of those settings from the previous time that it was
invoked. Which one's do you have a problem with?

> Thanks for the info!
You are welcome.
--
Cheers!