Getting Rid of HTML in My Messages in KMail

Sun Jan 18 17:04:29 GMT 2009

On Sunday 18 Jan 2009 10:18:05 pm Hal Vaughan wrote:
> Interesting -- this message came through before I have seen my original
> posted to the list.
>
> On Sunday 18 January 2009, Kishore wrote:
> > On Sunday 18 Jan 2009 9:40:24 pm Hal Vaughan wrote:
> > > So how can I tell KMail to use text only and NOT any HTML in my
> > > outgoing messages?
> >
> > AFAIK, the setting you choose in the composer window sticks. So if
> > you send a mail using the inbuilt composer *ensuring* that the HTML
> > option was turned off from the options menu. It should then be turned
> > off by default the next time you compose a mail.
> >
> > At least, that is the way it is meant to be.
>
> I'm looking at the Settings window and have selected Composer.  There
> are the following tabs across the top: General, Standard Templates,
> Custom Templates, Subject, Charset, Headers, Attachments.  I've checked
> through them all.  I *really* hope I'm missing something obvious, but I
> don't see a single place that specifies using HTML or text.

Sorry. I may have miscommunicated. I *meant* the options menu of the composer
window, not the composer options of kmail!

Say, when you choose to reply to this mail, it opens the composer window where
you can edit your response. In that window, there would be a "Options" menu
that lists a "Formatting (HTML)" option. Make sure that that option is
unchecked.
--
Cheers!
Kishore