Getting Rid of HTML in My Messages in KMail

Hal Vaughan hal at thresholddigital.com
Sun Jan 18 16:48:05 GMT 2009

Interesting -- this message came through before I have seen my original
posted to the list.

On Sunday 18 January 2009, Kishore wrote:
> On Sunday 18 Jan 2009 9:40:24 pm Hal Vaughan wrote:
> > So how can I tell KMail to use text only and NOT any HTML in my
> > outgoing messages?
>
> AFAIK, the setting you choose in the composer window sticks. So if
> you send a mail using the inbuilt composer *ensuring* that the HTML
> option was turned off from the options menu. It should then be turned
> off by default the next time you compose a mail.
>
> At least, that is the way it is meant to be.

I'm looking at the Settings window and have selected Composer.  There
are the following tabs across the top: General, Standard Templates,
Custom Templates, Subject, Charset, Headers, Attachments.  I've checked
through them all.  I *really* hope I'm missing something obvious, but I
don't see a single place that specifies using HTML or text.

Can we assume that somehow I have turned into a complete idiot or have
gone selectively blind and can someone specify exactly where this
setting is to specify HTML or text in KMail 1.10.3 in KDE 4.1.3?

Thanks!

Hal