KDE 4.2 Documentation

Anne Wilson cannewilson at googlemail.com
Sat Feb 21 08:11:31 GMT 2009

On Friday 20 February 2009 20:56:32 James J Catchpole wrote:
> I am a new user of KDE

First, then, there are some guidelines that you are expected to follow :-)
Never hit reply and change the subject.  This is known as hijacking, because
the headers retain the links to the existing thread.  It really messes things
up.  The best way is to simply click on the To line of an existing message.
Most mailers will then open a compose window with the address in place.  As
far as I know, Thunderbird does this.

Then, please reply *below* the existing message, or intersperse comments where
appropriate.

These 'rules' are to make it easier for someone following a thread in the
archives.

> and as such am trying to understand all of its
> capabilities; however, there doesn't seem to be any new documentation
> for the recent releases of KDE and as it is my understanding that KDE 4.2
> significantly alters past releases function it seems like user
> documentation
> would be one of the higher priorities. Can anyone point me to any
> existing docs?

We are building such a resource at http://userbase.kde.org.  If you have
specific questions, please ask here.  But don't continue this thread.  Start a
new, separate thread for each question, with a descriptive subject.  That
gives you the best chance of getting good answers.

Anne