kxkb and romaji

Ryo Furue furue at hawaii.edu
Fri Feb 20 09:15:35 GMT 2009

Hi,

| I have a problem with finding documentation about using the Japanese
| keyboard  schemes with kxkb.
|
| With variant "kana" I can type directly with a Japanese keyboard
| layout.
|
| I would like to type Romaji with automatic conversion. Is this
| possible? How?

I'm not sure if I understand your problem correctly, but most of us
(that is, Japanese-speaking, Linux/Unix users) use "input methods"
such scim.  When you press a shortcut key, an input method of your
choice is activated, and then, as you type Romaji, it's automatically
converted to hiragana.

Hope this helps,
Ryo