kxkb and romaji

Emil Obermayr nobs at nobswolf.info
Fri Feb 20 08:48:34 GMT 2009

I have a problem with finding documentation about using the Japanese keyboard
schemes with kxkb.

With variant "kana" I can type directly with a Japanese keyboard layout.

I would like to type Romaji with automatic conversion. Is this possible? How?

And what are the other variants "106", "nicola-bs-f" and "oadg109a"? For me
they don't do nothing usefull; either they behave like a US keyboard or the
don't do anything at all.

Please give me a hint or point me to the documentation. The manual of kxkb and
Google did not help much.

Thanks in advance.