special bg color

spir denis.spir at free.fr
Thu Dec 24 07:53:52 GMT 2009

Matthew Woehlke dixit:

> Please do not quote my e-mail address unobfuscated in message bodies.

fixed that

> Also you might want to consider fixing your mailer to wrap long lines
> properly (or using a mailer that does).

My mail client is correctly set to soft-wrap long lines, instead of hard-wrapping (inserting newlines) them, so that text nicely adapt to reader-chosen width (*).
"you might want to consider fixing your mailer to" soft-wrap long lines "properly (or using a mailer that does)." (All mail clients I know do it properly.)

Denis

PS: You might also want to consider sending off-topic (parts of) messages off-list. Or in PS. Anyway not at top of post.

(*) Else the reader gets fix-width message. Which is not a solution for people who need or prefere narrower text (eg for it's less painful to people with sensitive eyes -- the reason why newpapers invented columns).