lost *all* settings; and more!

spir denis.spir at free.fr
Sun Dec 13 00:32:03 GMT 2009

Anne Wilson <cannewilson at googlemail.com> dixit:

> On Saturday 12 December 2009 10:03:04 spir wrote:
> > After the action of changing the download folder to /import, suddenly my
> >  home dir was nearly empty; even hidden files had disappeared.
> >
> When you change those paths you are asked whether you want to move all the
> data from the original path to the new one.  It sounds as though you said
> 'yes'.
>
> Anne

Don't remember about having answered this question. If it had been as clear as you explain I certainly would not have answered yes. I had nothing inside /import.
Anyway I had not set this path before, I set it for the first time. It simply happened to be set to my home dir, like numerous other pathes in the same setting window. It's a bit strange to move all my home dir to a subdir supposed to be for downloads, no? Why?

Well, this does not tell me where my previous settings and application data are gone... I still have lost all my mail addresses and firefox bookmarks. The rest is not such important, just hours of re-setting.

Denis