ftp with dolphin: "unknown protocol"

Martin Koller kollix at aon.at
Sat Dec 12 13:55:10 GMT 2009

On Monday 30 November 2009 13:08:32 Guido Pinkernell wrote:
> Hi list,
>
> with an upgrade from 11.1 to 11.2 opensuse ftp has ceased to work on KDE
> 4.3.1.
>
> I.e. it does work from command line. It doesn't when used as protocol in
> dolphin or konqueror. The error message from klauncher is:
> unknown protocoll ""
>
> I have checked the archives and bugzilla on kde.org. Nothing.
>
> Can anybody help? Thanks a lot!

I had this also and it was due to a package version mismatch on my system
(e.g. some packages from 4.3.1 some from 4.3.4 etc.).
You need to make sure to have updated
all KDE packages to be of the same version of KDE.

--
Best regards/Schöne Grüße

Martin    ()  ascii ribbon campaign - against html mail

Geschenkideen, Accessoires, Seifen, Kulinarisches: www.bibibest.at