Why KDE4 is called KDE?

Kevin Krammer kevin.krammer at gmx.at
Thu Dec 10 19:12:40 GMT 2009

On Thursday, 2009-12-10, Draciron Smith wrote:

> realizing it.  For the folderview to be useful it needs to be easy to
> open, close, add too, resize and create new ones.

Adding is just adding one from "Add widgets".
Removing is clicking the remove icon on the widget's handle.
Adding to can be done by drag&drop or by context menu -> new

> The folderview
> applet adds a Dophin not a folder view window.

Not sure what you mean here. The folderview applet?

> It also assumes /home
> is the whole world. Which it's not in many cases. I personally use a
> /data and /home scheme keeping as much user data as possible OUT of
> /home and keeping /home as purely for cgf settings as possible. I have
> 4 drives in this machine and I'm honestly not interested in make them
> all LVM volumes.

I have folderviews showing several different directories. None of them /home.
Some of them paths below /home (such as /home/kevin/data), some of them paths
outside /home (such as /dvl/kde/trunk)

Cheers,
Kevin
KDE user support, developer mentoring