Why KDE4 is called KDE?

Lydia Pintscher lydia at kde.org
Thu Dec 10 11:48:26 GMT 2009

On Thu, Dec 10, 2009 at 12:29, Draciron Smith <draciron at gmail.com> wrote:
> You complain about unhelpful but calling people names is helping how?
>
> She said she knew the guys in K3b means what? Contributes to the convo
> how? I didn't dispute that she knew them. Didn't dispute her figures.
> In fact I quoted them but somehow you took issue with my repeating HER
> figures.

I actually didn't say that. I said I know the KDE founders. (I also
met the guy who started K3B but that's besides the point ;-))

> Software is only as useful as the people who use it and there is a
> great number of people upset about the lost functionality.  This is
> relivent and necessary. It's not just one person or two people it's
> boatloads. I heard tons of it before I ever tried KDE 4. I just
> reecently moved up too a distro using KDE 4 and discovered why people
> were so upset.  There are others still using distros with KDE 3.x
> who'll wander in here saying the same things six months, probably even
> a year from now.

Yes there are people unhappy with KDE 4 still (and maybe will
forever). The KDE team is aware of that and is trying to accommodate
them where it makes sense and is possible. But I am quite confident
that it is a lot less than you think.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/False_consensus_effect is worth a read.

Cheers
Lydia