Why KDE4 is called KDE?

Draciron Smith draciron at gmail.com
Thu Dec 10 11:07:17 GMT 2009

My conclusion is based on her statement that one guy was working very
hard on it and the others hardly working at all. Admitedly K3b is not
a huge application but it's not trivial either. So I doubt the main
guy is doing much for any other project. I didn't say he didn't have a
job or family or play video games. Just implied his efforts on K3b
probably precluded serious involvement in other Open source projects.

The topic has great meaning if people would get away from personal
issues and nit picking. The whole bit about whether the main guy in
the K3b project is an alien from Mars is rather meaningless. The core
concept is dissatisfaction with KDE and what can be done to save KDE.

I typed in menu in Krunner, it brought up the menu search and added
zero items to the KDE menu. I'm guessing the problem is it only
searches the path not sub dirs in the path. Many apps X apps if they
install anything in the path they install a link. Many don't install
anything in the path. They add too the menu directly and if it's a
Gnome app no menu entry is ever added nor will it be found unless I
add half the world too the path.

I run Firefox directly from the dir rather than attempt to deal with
editing the link file every time I upgrade Firefox and numbering them
if I'm running multiple versions etc. So Firefox is invisible. I ran
the menu add feature before I wiped this install thanks to Kmod and
the way it obliterated my install, anyway when I ran that it only
picked up on a third of the X apps I had installed.

Another issue that seems ignored is that there are non X apps people
like to run. Those will never be seen by the menu scan either no
matter what you do.