Why KDE4 is called KDE?

Draciron Smith draciron at gmail.com
Wed Dec 9 04:44:44 GMT 2009

Duncan you ever run KDE 3.5?

Folder deskview? Let me wretch, first thing I do is close that thing
down. I don't want to "navigate" I want my apps close and easy to get
too. Stuff I use every day 100 times a day I want on the panel. Not on
a desktop I rarely ever see. To even get too the folderview I'd have
to find an empty desktop. On the other desktops it'd just be an
accident waiting to happen when I click through an app and accidently
launch or do something I didn't mean to do.

The plasmid takes up screen real estate for no good reason. Generally
either you lock your panel or you don't right? Once you set it one way
or another how often are you going to change it except too add an app?
You could fit two app icons in the space used up by the plasmid. Stuff
you actually use on a daily basis. Me my kids are old enough not to
mess up the panel and live with their mother. So I don't lock mine,
will probably never lock my panel as long as this install persists and
would really like to have that screen real esate for something useful.

KDE 4 lost tons of funcitonality and is far less customizable. You
would honestly trade all that for eye candy?