Why KDE4 is called KDE?

Duncan 1i5t5.duncan at cox.net
Wed Dec 9 10:37:25 GMT 2009

Draciron Smith posted on Tue, 08 Dec 2009 22:44:44 -0600 as excerpted:

> KDE 4 lost tons of funcitonality and is far less customizable. You would
> honestly trade all that for eye candy?

FWIW, I haven't found kde4 significantly less customizable in general.
True, there's some stuff still broken yet (including khotkeys multikey,
my primary way of launching apps in kde3 -- and kde4 now that I setup my
own scripted solution to handle it), way to much IMO to be rated as ready
for ordinary use (except by devs, for developing their own apps), but
it's generally customizable.

One could argue it's /more/ customizable in may ways... such as just what
sort of stuff can go on the desktop.