Plasma Powertop Wakeups

Andrew Mason slackmase2 at gmail.com
Sat Apr 11 16:27:05 BST 2009

Hey guys , KDE4 is normally very well behaved in the powertop wakeups
department but tonight I noticed Plasma waking up alot when using
powertop

  50.9% (123.4)     <kernel core> : hrtimer_start_expires.clone.0
(tick_sched_timer)
  19.4% ( 47.0)            plasma : hrtimer_start_expires (hrtimer_wakeup)

Obviously the top one is not plasma but still 47 wakeups  is more than
i usually get. Is there any way I can find out (from userland) what
plasma is actually doing to cause these wakeups. It's not usually this
high so i am reluctant to file a bug report until i have more
information.

thanks
Andrew