kdebase-workspace 4.2.2 powermanagement

Nathan England nathan at paysonlinux.org
Sun Apr 12 04:55:03 BST 2009

I have had troubles with powermanagement on and off since 4.2.0, but it seems
with 4.2.2 powermanagement is completely broken.

I have watched dbus-monitor notify me immediately when something changes, but
nothing happens when I plug/unplug my laptop, battery drains, try to brighten
or dim the screen... even if I tell it to go to sleep, nothing happens.

If I run pm-suspend from the command line it works fine, but powerdevil does
nothing. If I click the battery icon on the plasma task bar and select suspend
it locks the screen instead.

What gives? How is this progressively getting worse and what can I do to
trouble shoot this?

nathan