accessing KDE info center gnome desk top.

James Richard Tyrer tyrerj at acm.org
Wed Apr 8 19:18:31 BST 2009

Allen Meyers wrote:
> Ok maybe this is wrong place, but I am sure someone can help.

Actually, you should ask non-kde questions on the "kde-linux" list.

> On Ubuntu gnome desktop I would like to be able to click on a icon to
> access info center rather then alt+f2
> Yea I know if I took the time to learn more about file system this post
> would not be necessary.

I don't currently have GNOME running.  I am upgrading and am half
finished.  In KDE, you would simply drag 'n' drop the menu item from the
menu to the desktop.  If that doesn't work, look for the icon in:

	/usr/share/applications

or:

	$PREFIX/share/applications

and drag 'n' drop from there to the desktop.

--
JRT

Linux (mostly) From Scratch