burn .dmg with k3b

Graham Todd grahamtodd2 at googlemail.com
Fri Oct 10 01:54:12 BST 2008

On Thu, 09 Oct 2008 15:58:58 -0400
Felix Miata <mrmazda at ij.net> wrote:

> [...]
[snipped]

By "Mac with a burner" do you mean a disk drive with a burner that will
not burn disks, or a software burner that will not make the burner
burn disks?

For the Mac, "Burn" is a good open-source application.  You can find
out more at http://burn-osx.sourceforge.net/, so if you're only missing
the software, try Burn.

Now to the more specific KDE question.  I have downloaded .dmg files on
my Kubuntu box and burnt them individually to a DVD by K3B.  Here's how
I do it (it could be slightly different for you):

1.  Its not necessary but it helps if all the files are in the same
directory.

2.Open a new DVD or CD project (depending upon the medium your burning
to) and then add .dmg files.

3. When you have sufficient files added to your project, from the Tools
menu, select "Burn CD image" or "Burn DVD ISO image" and an ISO image
of the project will be created and burnt to disk.

You can then load the disk into your Mac and load in individual .dmg
files.
--
Graham Todd