shortcuts: control center won't change them.
furue at hawaii.edu
Thu Oct 9 20:41:27 BST 2008
I'm wondering why my Control Center doesn't change my shortcuts.
1) Control Center > Regional Accessibility > Keyboard Shortcuts >
2) Change the "Current Scheme" to "Unix Scheme";
Then you'll see that the "Quit" item in the "File"
category acquire a "Ctrl+Q" shortcut, among other changes.
3) Press the "Apply" button. You'll still see the "Ctrl+Q" shortcut.
4) Close the Control Center.
5) Do (1). The change is gone. "Ctrl+Q" is not there.
Ending the current KDE session and logging-in again doesn't help.
(If you do (1) after the relogging-in, the "Ctrl+Q" shortcut is gone.)
Where are the shortcut settings are stored? After closing the Control
$ cd .kde
$ find . -mtime 1
I don't see anything related to shortcuts.
I found khotkeysrc and khotkeys_update, but they aren't modified
by the Control Center.
I deleted these two file, ended the current session, logged
in again, and repeated the cycle (1)--(5) above, but nothing
changes. Neither khotkeysrc or khotkeys_update was created.
What do you think is wrong?
This message is from the kde mailing list.
Account management: https://mail.kde.org/mailman/listinfo/kde.
More info: http://www.kde.org/faq.html.
More information about the kde