KRecipes on OpenSUSE 11.0

Martin (KDE) kde at fahrendorf.de
Sun Oct 5 14:39:39 BST 2008

Am Samstag, 4. Oktober 2008 schrieb Anne Wilson:
> On Saturday 04 October 2008 19:28:57 Martin (KDE) wrote:
> > Am Freitag, 3. Oktober 2008 schrieb Anne Wilson:
> > > I want to install krecipes, but there doesn't appear to be a
> > > package for OpenSUSE.  I've downloaded the tarball from the
> > > project pages, but am having some diificulty in ./configure.
> > > It tells me that it can't find >= Qt 3.1 (20021021) and < 4.0.
> > > It seems I have qt3-3.3.8b-42.1 in /usr/lib/qt3.
> > >
> > > I presume that I now have to tell config where to find qt3 -
> > > but what do I need to edit?
> >
> > simple question: do you have the qt3 devel stuff installed? And
> > is QTDIR set to the right directory?
>
> At this point I don't know the answer to that.  I have:
>
> 'qt3-devel' is already installed.
> Nothing to do.
>
> but
>
> locate qt3-devel
> /usr/share/doc/packages/qt3-devel
> /usr/share/doc/packages/qt3-devel/changes-3.3.8b
> /usr/share/susehelp/meta/Development/Libraries/qt3-devel-doc.deskto

Na, that must not be wrong. Try

rpm -qa | grep qt

to see if the package is installed correctly. May be the Qt4 devel
packages are installed as well so that krecipes configure script is
getting confused.

After running configure there must be a file called config.log (I
tried it on my fedora 8 box and it found qt3 libs and headers). May
be you can find something about missing files.

> doesn't look right - unless I'm searching for the wrong package
> name.  I'll poke around some more, in the hope of finding more
> info.
>
> QTDIR appears to be correct
>
> Anne

Sidenote: At first Mandrake/Mandriva, then Fedora and now SuSE and
always into deep. I wonder what comes next. Debian? LFS? That
deserves my respect.

Martin