KRecipes on OpenSUSE 11.0

Anne Wilson cannewilson at googlemail.com
Sun Oct 5 17:24:52 BST 2008

On Sunday 05 October 2008 14:39:39 Martin (KDE) wrote:
> Am Samstag, 4. Oktober 2008 schrieb Anne Wilson:

> > > simple question: do you have the qt3 devel stuff installed? And
> > > is QTDIR set to the right directory?
> >
> > At this point I don't know the answer to that.  I have:
> >
> > 'qt3-devel' is already installed.
> > Nothing to do.
> >
> > but
> >
> > locate qt3-devel
> > /usr/share/doc/packages/qt3-devel
> > /usr/share/doc/packages/qt3-devel/changes-3.3.8b
> > /usr/share/susehelp/meta/Development/Libraries/qt3-devel-doc.deskto
>
> Na, that must not be wrong. Try
>
> rpm -qa | grep qt
>
> to see if the package is installed correctly. May be the Qt4 devel
> packages are installed as well so that krecipes configure script is
> getting confused.

 rpm -qa | grep qt
qtcurve-kde-0.59.5-3.2
pinentry-qt-0.7.5-5.1
yast2-qt-2.16.53-5.1
libqt4-sql-sqlite-4.4.3-11.1
libqt4-sql-4.4.3-11.1
libsvnqt-devel-1.0.2-2.1
yast2-control-center-qt-2.16.2-11.1
qtcurve-gtk2-0.59.3-8.10
libqt4-qt3support-4.4.3-11.1
libsvnqt4-1.0.2-2.1
dbus-1-qt3-0.62-179.1
yast2-qt-pkg-2.16.47-0.2
python-qt4-4.4.3-2.2
libqt4-sql-mysql-4.4.3-13.1
libqt4-x11-4.4.3-11.1
python-qt-3.17.4-49.1
vlc-qt-0.9.3-1.4
libdbus-1-qt3-0-0.8.1-24.1
libqt4-4.4.3-11.1
libqt4-devel-4.4.3-11.1
qt3-devel-3.3.8b-42.1
qt3-3.3.8b-42.1
libpoppler-qt4-3-0.8.2-1.3
qt-recordmydesktop-0.3.7.2-0.pm.1
dbus-1-qt3-devel-0.62-179.1

that looks a fair mish-mash to me :-)

> After running configure there must be a file called config.log (I
> tried it on my fedora 8 box and it found qt3 libs and headers). May
> be you can find something about missing files.

I don't see anything helpful there.  the end of the log is a raft of #define
statements, then 'configure: exit 1

> > doesn't look right - unless I'm searching for the wrong package
> > name.  I'll poke around some more, in the hope of finding more
> > info.
> >
> > QTDIR appears to be correct
> >
> > Anne
>
> Sidenote: At first Mandrake/Mandriva, then Fedora and now SuSE and
> always into deep. I wonder what comes next. Debian? LFS? That
> deserves my respect.

I dipped my toe into Debian before going to Fedora :-) and of course I have an
EeePC, so that's Xandros, but I have to confess that I feel very unskilled
when dealing with .deb systems.

Anne