KRecipes on OpenSUSE 11.0

Anne Wilson cannewilson at googlemail.com
Sat Oct 4 19:58:10 BST 2008

On Saturday 04 October 2008 19:28:57 Martin (KDE) wrote:
> Am Freitag, 3. Oktober 2008 schrieb Anne Wilson:
> > I want to install krecipes, but there doesn't appear to be a
> > package for OpenSUSE.  I've downloaded the tarball from the project
> > pages, but am having some diificulty in ./configure.  It tells me
> > that it can't find >= Qt 3.1 (20021021) and < 4.0. It seems I have
> > qt3-3.3.8b-42.1 in /usr/lib/qt3.
> >
> > I presume that I now have to tell config where to find qt3 - but
> > what do I need to edit?
>
> simple question: do you have the qt3 devel stuff installed? And is
> QTDIR set to the right directory?

At this point I don't know the answer to that.  I have:

'qt3-devel' is already installed.
Nothing to do.

but

locate qt3-devel
/usr/share/doc/packages/qt3-devel
/usr/share/doc/packages/qt3-devel/changes-3.3.8b
/usr/share/susehelp/meta/Development/Libraries/qt3-devel-doc.desktop

doesn't look right - unless I'm searching for the wrong package name.  I'll
poke around some more, in the hope of finding more info.

QTDIR appears to be correct

Anne