Duplexing prints on one side only

g geleem at bellsouth.net
Wed Nov 26 13:51:53 GMT 2008

Anne Wilson wrote:

> Also, cups has managed this
> printer well enough in the past - though again, versions differences have to
> be considered.

as in you printed duplex before? if so, i would consider contacting developers
directly to see what they say. it is possible that newer drivers may not have
been checked in duplex mode.

> That leaves for the main suspect the new printer dialogue - or, some deeper
> level at which data is fed to the printer.  Either way, I'm not a happy bunny
> at this moment.

a quick check would be to take some text into a simple editor like kwrite.
build it with copy - paste to be long enough to have 350 lines or so, which
should be long enough to fill 4 pages, and print it.

> Tomorrow, when I have more time, I think I'll try the HP chat line and see
> whether they have any evidence one way or another.

good luck on that one. it will most likely be loaded with ms and mac users,
which i would imagine that hp has insured that their drivers work correct.

personally, i do not believe i would have considered a printer that physically
rotated paper to print duplex. doing so in software would be a better bet as
it is less to break hardware wise.

what happens if you want to print duplex with 'legal size', 8.5" x 14" [what
ever that equates in metric] paper? does it rotate it also, or does it do it
in software. or is 'legal size' what you are trying to print on?

peace out.

tc,hago.

.

****