Lightweight Basket replacement

Stephen Kelly steveire at gmail.com
Sat Nov 8 18:28:59 GMT 2008

Dotan Cohen wrote:

> 2008/9/5 Stephen Dowdy <sdowdy at ucar.edu>:
>> I think 'zim' (http://zim-wiki.org/) "The Desktop Wiki" might fit your
>> needs, though it's technically not a KDE app (Gdk-perl).  It was a
>> little "unstable" for me on Debian Etch, but i see that the main
>> site is at 0.25 and Etch's package is version 0.17.  (i'll have to
>> take a look at this again)
>>

> I think it would be good for me to update this thread.

For what it's worth, I'll update this thread too as KJots and KNowIt were
mentioned here.

KJots can now import your old KNowIt notes (trunk and KDE4.2 beta 1 due
soon).

http://userbase.kde.org/Tutorials/Import_KNowIt_Into_KJots

KJots is more lightweight than basket, and doesn't aim to match its
features. It is focussed on rich text content, but I am planning support
for images in KDE4.3.

Best regards,

Steve
(KJots maintainer)