KMail accounts stored where?

Jerry Houston Jerry at effjayare.net
Sun Nov 2 00:51:08 GMT 2008

On Saturday 01 November 2008 15:49:15 Kevin Krammer wrote:

> I think this is part of the KMail main configuration file kmailrc.
> Usually located in .kde/share/config (or .kde4/share/config if your
> distributor patched KDE to use a different prefix for KDE4), generally it
> is the most local path of
>
> % kde-config --path config

Thanks, Kevin.  Found it, but the only APOP in the configuration was for a
different server.  Anyway, I changed that "auth=APOP" to "auth=USER", like all
the others (I configured six accounts).

Now when I do a "Check Mail," it tells me that the password must be wrong
because the server reported a failed authorization.  But it still gets the
mail without a problem.

This is the second machine I installed KMail on (one laptop, one desktop).
The laptop is working fine.  Just the desktop is acting screwy.

Since the accounts are all the same, do you think it would be safe just to
copy the config file from the laptop to the desktop?  Or are there other
considerations I'm not aware of?

Thanks again for your help with it.  This is my very first day with KMail.