KMail accounts stored where?

Kevin Krammer kevin.krammer at gmx.at
Sun Nov 2 01:14:04 GMT 2008

On Sunday 02 November 2008, Jerry Houston wrote:

> Thanks, Kevin.  Found it, but the only APOP in the configuration was for a
> different server.  Anyway, I changed that "auth=APOP" to "auth=USER", like
> all the others (I configured six accounts).
>
> Now when I do a "Check Mail," it tells me that the password must be wrong
> because the server reported a failed authorization.  But it still gets the
> mail without a problem.

Very strange.

> This is the second machine I installed KMail on (one laptop, one desktop).
>   The laptop is working fine.  Just the desktop is acting screwy.
>
> Since the accounts are all the same, do you think it would be safe just to
> copy the config file from the laptop to the desktop?  Or are there other
> considerations I'm not aware of?

I don't see any problem, but it is always safer to make a backup of the
original file before attempting anything that might break something.

If the problem persists you could ask on the user list for KDE PIM,
kdepim-users
Some of the developers are checking it semi-regularily and might have
additional ideas where to look for the cause of the problem.

Cheers,
Kevin

KDE user support, developer mentoring